5 REASONS WHY PEOPLE FEEL STUCK IN THEIR WAY OF BECOMING ENTREPRENEURS – GET PAST THE FEAR OF RUNNING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND JUST DO IT!
According to a Gallop poll, 70% of U.S. workers feel they are stuck working in jobs they don’t enjoy. Many people dream of starting their own business and becoming an entrepreneur, but few actually do because they allow their fears to stop them from turning their ideas into a successful business. Think about it..starting your own business might seem a little scary for some.
Here are the top 5 fears of starting your own business and how to overcome them:
- Fear of Failure. Most people regret the risks that they don’t take, rather than the ones that they do, even if they fail. The truth is that no matter what you do in life there is always going to be a risk that you could fail. The key is in learning from failure, choosing to do it differently, and getting back up and trying again. It’s like learning to ride a bike. No one rides a bike successfully the very first time they get on one. Usually they fall but, after they get back on and continue to try, they will eventually ride that bike.
- Fear of Uncertainty. Striking out on your own brings a lot of unknowns like income, clients, and whether you have a good product. While you may believe that your regular job is more reliable than running your own business, the truth is that at any time that job could be gone. The owner could close the doors and retire or the company could lay you off or go bankrupt. Wouldn’t you rather be in control of your own fate.
- Fear of Not Being Taken Seriously. Whether you work for someone else or for yourself, you will always have those nagging doubts about not knowing enough or being skilled enough for others to take you seriously. Guess what? Everyone else has this same fear. Even the most successful entrepreneurs will tell you that they are “life long learners” because no one can ever know enough. It is in the pursuit of knowledge and skills that we realize our dreams and achieve our goals. As soon as you realize this, that fear will be gone.
- Fear of Not Having Enough Money. It is true that you do need to make an investment in your new business venture. However, you do not necessarily have to quit your job and invest your entire life’s savings. Keep your regular job and run your business as a side venture until it starts generating a decent enough income stream that you can then take it full time.
- Fear of Loss of Benefits. For most Americans, health insurance and retirement has always been provided by their place of employment—until recent years. As businesses have struggled through poor economic times, they have gradually reduced the amount of benefits they are willing to provide for their employees or cut out certain benefit plans altogether and shifted the payment burden to the individual employee.
You overcome uncertainty by having a business plan. Research and identify the steps that are necessary to get your business up and running. There are many resources available about starting your own business both on the Internet, in physical print publications and via various small business associations that can give you an idea of what you need to know and do to get your business started. Do your homework, put it in writing and follow it.
Many businesses do not require a lot of upfront capital to start. It costs about $85-$100 for a domain name and yearly domain hosting. Bingo-you have a website, which is your online business platform. To specify even more, having an online business that only operates through the internet is even more possible and easier than ever before.
Many successful business owners have failed. What they did differently than anyone else is face and overcome their fears. You can take calculated risks. If you have some extra time and a small amount of money in your hands you can use these two efficiently and start an online marketing business from the comfort of your home, without having to quit your regular job.
How can i start an affiliate marketing business?
1. Find a passion.
2.Identify Your Specific Customer Niche for that passion of yours.
3.Create a website and attract traffic.
4.Start monetizing it.