How to Avoid Online Scams
There are several programs online offering and promising gold and promising to help you become Online Entrepreneurs but a portion of them are scams or Multi Level Marketing companies that require you to pay huge amounts of money and will try up-selling you products and/or services. This is just an example but the question is: how do you recognize and know how to avoid online scams that want to sell you something and make money out of you through an unethical way?
The reality about MLM companies is that even though they may not be scams, these up-sells are what maintain and sustain their organisations so they require you to have a lot of cash handy before you see any result, IF you see result. They refer to these up-sells as “investing” in your company. They can work and i do not consider all of them as scams but if i were you, i would prefer to start with a safer way online as i don’t have $10,000 or $50,000 to “invest” in the beginning.
This is the reason why i prefer the WA community.
There are some steps that will help you check if something is scam online:
- Search in Google the company and any keywords around it
- Search in Google people associated with the company and then search them individually
- Do not rush to pay any large amounts of money
- Does the domain of the site make sense? Is the website a good one or is it poorly made?
- Ask to see proof of what the company is offering. If they are legitimate they will give you a glimpse of their system
- Use your brain and judge on your own if the sum of the information you collected makes sense
Another resource on how to avoid scam online is waystoavoidscamsonline.com.
Let us know what you think and add your comments below on the subject or if you came across any scam online! We’d love to hear about that so that people can avoid too!